Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Time for "Teeth"

I am so worn out from this Super Bowl weekend. I was ready to throw in the towel after the first half (upset with the 49ers). The power outage during the game just added fuel to the fire. Despite my disappointment (disguised as frustration), the 49ers gained their bearings and went to work. They showed so much heart; and, although they didn't win, they made great gains during the game.

This made me think of my Kinders. There are times when I get so frustrated with them because I know what they are capable of and they don't seem to put forth much effort. Then there are times when they get frustrated because they are not getting it. Now that we are in our second half of the year, I am starting to notice PROGRESS. Even at its smallest scale, my Kinders are showing signs of awareness in our lessons. It is because of this that I stay INSPIRED to teach another day.

Now that I have had my testimonial for the day...

My students have been engaged in Groundhog Day activities. I was able to find 2 videos online in conjunction with my activity pack I posted last week. My students really enjoyed it. I also had a game that I played with them that I found by Angela Rubin. My students used unifix cubes as game pieces. If they won a game, they received a cube to make their game piece taller. The first person to make a cube train of ten is the overall class winner. This was my students favorite game so far (thanks A.Rubin).

I am now starting my Dental Health activities. We have a dentist that will come this Friday. Feel free to check out my TPT store to preview some of its content. Let me know what you think. I am always open to feedback.

As always...

STAY INSPIRED!!

Renaada Spears

0 comments:

Post a Comment