Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Busy as a BEE

Hi everyone,

As you know I am completely new to the blogging experience. With that being said, I have not learned how to balance all of the things I have been working on with my students and be a mom/wife/blogger.
I am sincerely sorry for not keeping up with this as I should. But I did come to the realization that once a week may work out for me until I can get the hang of this.
Now, back to business...
Is it me or has February turned into the busiest month. in between Dental Health, Presidents' Day, Valentine's Day, Black History month, math, science, reading, social studies, Literacy Lab... I think you get the picture. I had a moment of panic. However, a great since of calm came over me... I am only human. THAT'S RIGHT PEOPLE... I, a teacher, am ONLY HUMAN. I continue to have meaningful lessons with my students, I try to keep them engaged, and I assess their knowledge so that they are prepared for the things to come. I feel that if I do all of those things, I have accomplished my goal for the students. (thinking: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...;0))
Our school system has decided to adopt the JOURNEYS reading series. If there is anyone that has some insight as to how this works with your students, let me know. Do you like it? Do the students stay actively engaged during learning? How does it support your tier 1, 2, and 3 instruction? Do the students enjoy it? i would love to hear some feedback.

As always...

STAY INSPIRED!!!

Renaada Spears

0 comments:

Post a Comment