Thursday, January 24, 2013

100 Days of School

I had a lot of fun today with my students. We celebrated the 100th Day of School today. Students and teachers took part in dressing up as if they were 100 years old.

Below is a picture of my co-workers and ME. I am the one in the middle;0).This reminds me of the Golden Girls sitcom.


The Golden Girls of Kindergarten

(Mrs. Bowman, ME, Mrs. Lightford)



 We started out the day with a blank 100 chart and filled in the spaces (writing the numbers to 100). Next, we did different activities for 100 seconds. Hopefully in the next post, I can give my shout-outs to the teachers of TPT. With the help of their resources, I was able to provide meaningful activities for my students.

We finally topped it off with read alouds, videos, and 100th Day Party-in-a-Bag. Not familiar with PIAB, well let me give you some insight. As you know, we have more and mre students who have 1 or multiple food allergies. To make sure that we were not exposing students to unknown allergents, we developed PIAB (Party-in-a-Bag). Students are provided with a disposable paper bag (usually used for lunch). The parents then fill the bag with their students favorite snacks and/or special prizes. Students are not aware of what's in the bag until our extended snack time. Parents are still given the option to bring the class treats and gifties, of course. This is just a way to make sure that everyone stays safe. It was inspired from one of my co-workers. He always seems to come up with simple but fun ways for students to enjoy themselves.

More to come so...

STAY INSPIRED!!

Renaada

0 comments:

Post a Comment