Friday, March 29, 2013

All About Sight Words

I have been looking for different activities to increase the level of sight word retention among my students. I will say this before I get started, I am not endorsing these websites. I am only listing them as resources. This may be what my students need to practice at school and at home.

The first website that I came across is STARFALL. We use STARFALL as part of our small group instruction. It is a pre-requisite to the FOCUS program. I didn't realize there was a game for sight words until now. It will definitely be part of my small group rotation.


Next up: DOLCHWORD. This website has various games. I found this one to be more interesting because you not only have to recognize the word by sight, you have to listen for the correct word as well. It matches verbal and visual clues.


Finally, we have COOKIE.com. This website also has a database of various games. This is also a matching game. What I like about this game is that after the student has found the matches, it automatically goes to the next level. This allows for students to work continuously without stopping to ask for assistance.


I am sure there are many more online games out there. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment bellow.

STAY INSPIRED!!
Renaada

0 comments:

Post a Comment