Wednesday, June 5, 2013

There Really Can Be...



Hello Everyone,

If you were like me, things began to escalate in speed once May came: paper work, cum folders, end of the year assessments, field trips, special programs, awards day report cards, packing up class resources, etc. The list just kept getting more and more massive. I finally just took a breath and said to myself: "I am only human!" It's funny how we take on this super human persona only to have real human emotion of being overwhelmed and pressed for time. I knew at that moment that it was time to take some ME TIME.  I wanted to take a break from things for a while. This will be the first year that I am not teaching a summer school program. I almost don't know what to do with myself.

I reached 1,000+ followers on Pinterest this weekend. I was so excited. Most people follow my 7 Habits board and Class Is In Session boards. If you haven't visited or joined Pinterest, you should. It is a great way to get great ideas from other educators. At the bottom of my blog there is a preview of pins that I have posted. Feel free to look around and pin whatever you like.

Monaco Pictures
www.MonacoPicturesUSA.com
Now I want to give a shout-out to Monaco Pictures. I am not endorsing and have no financial interest in Monaco Pictures. I just thought that a program that they provide to children was a great service. Monaco Pictures is sponsoring a Children's (Kid's) Theater during the summer. They will playing movies such as Rio, Lorax, Kung Fu Panda 2, and more for FREE. That's right, FREE!! Today, I took my son to see Madagascar 3 and he loved sitting there watching the movie and eating popcorn. As he told his dad after, "IT WAS AWESOME!" It was his first trip to the movie theater and he did a great job. We are definitely going back! Check with you local movie theater and ask them about any special theater programs for children and you may be surprised with what you find.

STAY INSPIRED!

Renaada

0 comments:

Post a Comment